RSJ CD-Writer for OS/2
Using RSJ CD Writer you can write files and programs under OS/2 to CDROM - whether for backup, information filing or creation of multimedia titles.
The RSJ CD Writer file system offers you a whole variety of advantages compared with conventional mastering-programs:
- The CDs are being accessed in the same way like diskettes or fixed disks. This has the advantage that all OS/2 programs used to work with files - like the OS/2 Workplace Shell - can also be used with the CDs. So commands like COPY, XCOPY, LABEL or CHKDSK now work with CDs.
- Support for USB recorders; please read this for important USB info (requirements etc.)
- Unattended operation, i.e. fully automatic operation, is possible.
- The RSJ CD Writer file system is fully integrated into the Work Place Shell (WPS), so you can use standard WPS features to control the file system.
- During daily operation the CD-Recorder can be used like a normal CD-ROM drive.
- Can be used with all SCSI host adapters compatible with OS/2 and the CD-Recorder.
- Dynamically detects MMC and ATAPI compliant CD recorders; this applies to virtually any current CD recorder.
- Contains PM applications to simplify your work: CD View for track based CD copying simply by Drag And Drop, CD Writer Control to adjust CD recorder and file system parameters, and CD Copy Wizard to copy CDs with a click of a button.
- Since version 3.50 RSJ CD Writer for OS/2 also supports DAO (Disk At Once) for audio CDs. RSJ CD View and RSJ CD CopyWizard have been extended with new DAO relevant options. Please see the README file for more details.
- Since version 5.50 RSJ CD Writer for OS/2 also supports Ogg Vorbis. Please see the README file for more details.
- Queries Audio CD titles using the freedb service and prints your own CD covers.
- Data-DVD creation possible
Moreover, with the RSJ CD Writer you can also process and create Multisession-CDs. Likewise, the programm offers the possibility to burn audio tracks onto CDs. And the CDs can be "sealed", that means furnished with a write protection.
CD-RW's can be erased (in a CD-RW drive).